Research courtship and marital customs in the US and one other country. Compare and contrast core aspects of love and relationships in the US and the country you selected. Analyze and describe the following in your paper in both cultures you identified:
- What is the typical age people marry?
- What are the ways people meet and initiate romantic relationships?
- What are some of the common practices when it comes to marriage (engagement, parental selection/approval of mates, celebrations, intimacy, etc.)
- What are cultural values regarding close, intimate relationships?
- How are marital difficulties and divorce viewed in that culture?
Consider core theories and research we have explored this week and that you investigate in your research as you conduct your analysis, making clear connections between your observations and conclusions and relevant psychological theories.
[Answer only available upon request]